Equipment Setup Instructions
These instructions will help you setup your equipment.
- Turn on your laptop and make sure it is plugged in for power.
- Find the USB plug on the camera. These will be hidden behind a rubber flap, which you can lift up.
- Connect the camara to the laptop with a USB cable. The smaller end goes to the camera, the larger end goes to the laptop.
- Make sure the camera is set to "Playback" mode, then turn it on.
- If the "Canon Camera" screen pops up on your laptop, click "Cancel" to close it.
- Connect your printer to your laptop. The flat end goes to the laptop, the more square/round end goes to the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Now setup the printer driver for photos. This is printer-specific (if you have an HP, Epson, Canon, etc). Below are instructions for a Canon photo printer, for others please refer to your printer's instruction manual.
- Open the printer preferences for your photo printer by clicking on the Start button, then clicking on "Printers and Faxes":
- Now right click on your photo printer. If you see the item "Set as default printer", click on that. If not, don't worry... your printer is already the default.
- Right click on the photo printer again and click on "Printing Preferences"
In the "Main" tab, make sure to change the following settings:
- Set the "Media Type" to "Photo Paper Plus Glossy" if you're using Canon's paper, or "Glossy Photo Paper" if you're using generic photo paper.
- Set "Paper Source" to "Rear Tray" if you're loading the photo paper into the top of the printer, or "Cassette" if you're using the paper tray below.
- "Print Quality" should be set to "High".
In the "Page Setup" tab, make sure to change the following settings:
- "Page Size" should be "4 x 6"
- Set "Orientation" to "Portrait"
- Set "Page Layout" to "Borderless Printing"
- For the "Amount of Extension" slider, select the second notch. If you get a small white border around the edges of the photos, you can select the third or fourth notch to get rid of this.
- When you're done, press "Ok" and make sure there is ink and paper in the printer.
Now that your equipment is setup, view the program instructions to find out how to run the Seemonkey program.